Tuesday 27 January 2015

Feels good to be back...

Hi there! Feels good to be posting something after long...
Many reasons, I've been away. The unpacking and setting up of course took first priority. Then came settling down in the house and exploring the neighbourhood. Then came dealing with related-fatigue and a bad cold and throat infection. Then, my regularly busier-than-usual schedules in the month of January at both schools . To top all of this,I lost the USB cable of my camera during the shifting ! So, though the pictures a re happening, I can't transfer them. The memory card is too big for both, the existing card reader and the laptop. And the cable I ordered on flipkart, turned out to be the wron g one !! Now, waiting for the new card reader to arrive...  

Ad d to that anoth er disappointing fact... The fabricator is taking his own sweet time t o come and fix the mesh for my gardening space.

But folks, it's a completely new experience in the new place. Mornings in the backyard are simply beautiful, with squirrels squeaking, dozens of varieties of birds chirping, an occasional pair of horn bills flying by, butterflies and the best of all, Disco running around...
And, we have Kelgeri and Sadankeri, two of Dharwad's most beautiful lakes nearby. Like they'd say in Kannada- "Yadavidra Sadhankeri, yerad hejji munda hogi yedavidra Kelgari...!!" It's beautiful to step out for a walk, especially around Sadankeri. So many old heritage bungalows and old old majestic trees... It's pure bliss for me ! Gulmohar avenue- 2, from my Gulmohar trails, is right in my neighbourhood...!
My dabbas and bottles and containers from my LGP are of course, still managing to regale me and are gifting me with regular harvests of greens. But, I am on pins and needles , wanting to start off on some full-fledged gardening... I guess , it's going to be a slow and steady start... And I more than guess, I'll have to exercise an extra portion of my patience...

























No comments:

Post a Comment