Wednesday 11 February 2015

And how are my plants doing in their new home?

A little peep to see how some of my plants are doing in their new home...
The new open environment, more sunlight and breeze, seems to have done a world of good to my plants. Old capsicum and chilli stumps, that I didn't have the heart to uproot, have sprouted new leaves and flowers. My two year old brinjal veteran, has gotten a new leash to life with fresh new leaves all over. The greens seem to have gotten a greener lusher appearance and are growing distinctly larger leaves. The seeds I sow are germinating faster that they did in my LGP. My teeny weeny marigold seedlings have grown well and full of flowers. The strawberry plants gifted me 12 more strawberries in the past fortnight... Right now all my plants are just informally grouped along a wall in the front yard and are yet to find proper places.






But then, there's always has to be a hitch, isn’t it ? For what's life without a few challenges thrown in. If the monkeys at the earlier place came in joint family packs, the ones here, seem to come with their extended families in tow. Disco did have loads of fun barking his head off and chasing them. But now, they seem to have gotten used to him. Whilst some of them scamper onto the neighbouring compound walls, quite a few of them perched high up on the mango and chikoo trees, seem to continue relaxing, oblivious to Disco's antics... Monkeys apart, my dear friend, the fabricator, seems to have taken a long break and shows no signs of resuming work in the immediate future. Seems to be a true-blue Dharwadkar, with the leisurely laid back attitude enbedded in his DNA...

Well, all my friends keep saying, don't worry, slow and steady wins the race. I do agree with you guys. But for starters, I'm in no race... I'm on a beautiful green journey and I always believe in letting nature take it's course at it's own pace... And I'm doing what best I can in my capacity. Taking care of the existing greens transferred from my Little green patch and slowly adding a few plants at my convenience... I'm kinda putting my gardening a relaxed mode till the end of this term. And once I get free from both schools, I'll begin in right earnest. Hopefully my meshed up portion too should be ready by then and I can even start adding fruit bearing vegetables at last...































































































































No comments:

Post a Comment