Wednesday 3 June 2015

Happy little visitors to my patch...


 The std VI kids from Baala Balaga, an eco-friendly school I am associated with, visited my garden yesterday morning as part of their "Parisara-Vaara/Environment-Week" activities.

It was heartening to see the interest they showed and was exciting to answer their myriad questions. They enjoyed seeing the plants in my garden and were amazed to see pictures of the harvets I've had from my old balcony garden and the present one. They concluded that less space couldn't ever be an excuse for not growing your own vegetables and that it was any day better to eat a few, but fresh, chemical-free and health-friendly vegetables. They happily bid goodbye with promises of starting off with at least a few greens and beans and making an effort to compost kitchen waste at home. And I was happy and satisfied that I had done my small but valuable bit...



































































































































































































No comments:

Post a Comment