Monday 25 April 2016

My miracle for today !

"The human spirit needs places where nature has not been rearranged by the hand of man."

And we gardeners should consider ourselves more than privileged to have found such a place in our organic gardens. Our green patches, however large or small , however organized or wild, however well equipped or spartan, are the virgin spaces that inspire art, literature, poetry, engineering, science, philosophy and so much else...

No human mind or hand could conceive such miracles, that abound every single day in some form or the other. It takes, just a sensitive moment to observe and revel in the umpteen number of wonders our gardens have for us...
And this morning, I had the wonderfully rare opportunity of observing one of my bhendikayi pods gently opening up to gift me some lovely smooth grey-green seeds. As I shifted the focus of my lens from a pretty bhendikayi flower to this elegant dry pod, it was more than a miracle for me, to watch through my lens, as the dry ochre pod gently split from the top, to reveal these lovely pearl... and it was even more fascinating to see them balancing precariously one-over-the-other for quite some time... until a gentle breeze swayed the pod and a couple of seeds rolled down...































I'm sure you would agree with me, no hand of man can come up with a brilliant engineering feat like this ! And don't you think, we need more places like these that have not been rearranged by the hand of man ? I found my miracle for today ! And I now wish for each one of you to find your share of miracles in your gardens... :)






No comments:

Post a Comment