Tuesday 13 October 2015

The saga of abundance continues...

“Gratitude is the open door to abundance .”
And the saga of abundance continues...

And my inability to be grateful enough to the magnanimity of my little green patch, just keeps on increasing with each episode of abundance... After the flow of abundance in my old LGP, despite so many limitations, the benevolent amplitude followed through to my new LGP...

It all began with the volunteer A & T patch, where, in it's peak, I harvested close to half a kg of tomatoes every day and loads of amaranth greens so huge, that I could get lost under them. This was followed by the lavish rain of Yard long beans, where we were harvesting a minimum of 40 beans each time. The juicy mammoth cucumbers followed in close suit... As I was still revelling in the beautiful onslaught of the cucumbers, I was greeted by the snake gourds, who delighted me with exuberant harvests and still gift me a couple once in a while... Though I was overwhelmed with the graciousness of nature and found words inadequate to express my gratitude, I continued doing what I know to do best. Making pretty compositions, taking beautiful pictures and writing sweet little write ups about my harvests and posting them. I have always hoped, using the best of my skills to showcase my harvest, would be the best way to show my gratitude...

Well, after being in a quandary over allowing my "Avrikayi ballis" that had gone wild, to be or not to be, I went by the majority opinion of my fellow-gardeners, coupled with my instinct and let it be... That was a month back, when it had begun to get covered with little flowers all over. And just when a series of lows in my little green patch were threatening to break the course of abundance, my "Avrikayi ballis" have geared up to put on a brilliant display of abundance, like never before...

Folks, I have total of three "Avrikayi" ballis growing in the ground, They have vigorously clambered up and out of the mesh roof and spread all over like crazy. I doubt my pictures can do justice to the mammoth scale... I wish I could stand up on a tall tall support and take a birds eye shot of the entire lush green abundance... To give you an idea, the size of the roof that they have covered is 9' by 40'. And apart from that, they have very passionately clambered onto and spilt over the terrace parapet wall, crept onto a nearby tree and are creeping curiously into the neighours compound too...

My joy knows no bounds !! Because, abundance means another fine opportunity to share... And my gratitude, it is finding newer ways of expression...

This is just a small portion of my "Avrikayi ballis" that has clambered onto the balcony parapet wall and spilt all over in lush green profusion...
And it just doesn't want to stop creeping...








This is just a small portion of my "Avrikayi ballis" that has clambered onto the balcony parapet wall and spilt all over in lush green profusion...



















This is just a small portion of my "Avrikayi ballis" that has clambered onto the balcony parapet wall and spilt all over in lush green profusion...

And it continues to creep on...









                  Covering more portions of the balcony parapet wall...








 The profusion...








 The profusion...








                                                The profusion...
                                There are hundreds of such bunches...!









                                                 The profusion...

                              There are hundreds of such bunches...!










Almost there...








My sad attempt at capturing the entire spread...








I call this, "The Avrikayi wall"

















A view from another side of "The Avrikayi wall"








                    Creeping curiously into the neighbours compound...

           I have told them to harvest as much as they want from this side.









                    Creeping curiously into the neighbours compound...

           I have told them to harvest as much as they want from this side.




















                                   The wee bit of a problem I have...

                      The ballis have covered up a sizable portion of a 

           bunch of old electricity wires. I am wondering about the harvest time... 
                                             Would it be dangerous ?

There was nothing I could do to contain the clambering. It was so sudden and so vigorous, that each time I pulled back a couple of branches, the next morning there would be double the number that had latched on. And plus, this portion is a bit out of reach from the balcony parapet wall... I have to get down on the lintel to do it...
Trying to figure out a way. Helpful ideas are welcome...


















Every bunch/stalk must be having about twenty beans on an average... and there are hundreds of such bunches/stalks...










Getting ready...








Overflowing from the edge of the mesh roof...








        The ballis have stretched out from the mesh roof and clambered onto the  tall Ixora bush, nay tree...

















There are two varieties of beans. Lima beans and Dolichos/Lablab beans








The dolichos beans/lablab have been a bit slower in forming...








And here's the organic part...








This is what the monkeys do !!

Eat the tender shoots, flowers and beans. But then, there's enough for all of us and we've long back decided to cooperate and share...

No comments:

Post a Comment