Thursday 17 March 2016

A morning's harvest with a sweet little gift...

I had a lot of fun arranging and shooting this morning's beautiful little harvest.

And the harvest features, a few tomatoes, parsley, oregano, and three sprigs of all spice leaves (These were harvested as I had to trim the plant, to allow lateral growth).

As as I was snipping my fragrant oregano, I heard Bhuvan call out to me in excitement. "Aunty, look at what I have for you !" He was on his bicycle, having just returned from his early morning ride. And guess what he was carefully clutching in his hand ? A bunch of these elegant Indian Mahogany seed pods. Just yesterday, I spotted them in someone's post and the rest of the day had been filled with recalling sweet memories of our summer-morning walks to the Police Head-quarter's compound to collect these seed pods by the basket. We have quite a few of these tall and handsome Indian Mahogany trees in Dharwad, but this is the spot in Dharwad that has the largest congregation of one of my many favourite trees.

Bhuvan was excited to have kick started off the mahogany-seed pod trail and I was more than happy to add them to my collection. And well, I had undoubtedly to feature them in today's harvest pictures ! (Like I have done many times earlier)And the sketch book got added to the composition to inspire me to pick up my pen and get back to sketching...


























































































































































No comments:

Post a Comment