Saturday 12 March 2016

This is the season for flowers and seed.

 “It always amazes me to look at the little, wrinkled brown seeds and think of the rainbows in 'em," said Captain Jim. "When I ponder on them seeds I don't find it nowise hard to believe that we've got souls that'll live in other worlds. You couldn't hardly believe there was life in them tiny things, some no bigger than grains of dust, let alone colour and scent, if you hadn't seen the miracle, could you?”
L.M. Montgomery

Each time I collect a few seeds from the plants I have grown, it amazes me no end and I am awed all over again at the life, the stories, the miracles these tiny seeds hold in them... And of course, isn't collecting seeds and growing vegetables from them again, the ultimate dream of every gardener ??

This is the season for flowers and seed. And the first gift of seeds my little green patch is readying itself to offer me are, amaranth and palak. The amaranth seeds are almost ready to be harvested and I have quite a few seed heads scattered all over the patch. Whereas, the palak seeds (That are again quite in abundance this time ) are still young and have to yet turn mature on the plants.
Nature, and more so my little patch, never cease to amaze me...


The palak seeds (That are again quite in abundance this time ) are still young and have to yet turn mature on the plants.









The amaranth seeds are almost ready to be harvested and I have quite a few seed heads scattered all over the patch.

No comments:

Post a Comment