Sunday 13 March 2016

An ethereal early-morning harvest...

Ah ! What a beautiful time it was early (Between 5.00 am and 6.30 am ) this morning, working in my little green patch... Harvested all of the spring onions, but let the onions be . Now waiting for them to flower . I will still get a couple more harvests of spring onions before they begin to flower. This time around, my onions have given me almost six harvests ! (With a couple more to come) And each time I have counted not less than three hundred individual leaves ! I also found a handful of tender bush beans. And a couple of very young corn from the pot, that had broken and fallen down. Wonder what/who did that... One had just about begun forming the kernels and the other was very young... Anyway, I know corn is forming pretty well in my patch. I now have hope for the ones in the ground patch..
I finally got around to splitting the bamboo canes and making stakes for the okra/bhendi. Fixed the stakes to all of the plants that are now growing well. And also trained the stray vines of the Turkey craw beans and yard-long beans that are now happily clambering all over their new trellises.

And finally the best part, sitting right in the middle of my patch, with the cool early morning breeze blowing through my hair, having my mug of lime and basil green tea and feeling like the most beautiful person in the world...

And here are some pictures of the harvest...
































































































No comments:

Post a Comment