Saturday 19 March 2016

Of early morning arrangements and reflections on the now...

“We're so busy watching out for what's just ahead of us that we don't take time to enjoy where we are.”
Bill Watterson

And every morning, after my work in the garden is done, I clean up and take out a few minutes to arrange, either my harvest, a few flowers or sundry objects on my lone wooden chest, light a couple of agarbattis/incense sticks (no religious connection here), get myself a mug of hot lemon tea and go about capturing the arrangement in various composition.

This has become a ritual of sorts, since the past few years. Though it's something I do every single day, unless I am unwell and can't get out of bed, I haven't fallen victim to it's repetitious nature. For, during those few moments, I am lost to the world... I blissfully savour the present, like there will be no tomorrow. And each morning, this quaint ceremony of mine, gives me the opportunity to enjoy where I am, to reflect on my now...

And this morning, it was an utterly simple yet soothingly beautiful arrangement of my dried lemon grass wreath and a lone bunch of red ixora in a stark earthen bowl.





















































No comments:

Post a Comment