Thursday 3 March 2016

Today's bright and beautiful harvest with a sense of liberation !

Early this morning, as I worked in my patch, my mind wandered to my recent four-day trip away from my patch... This time when I was in Bengaluru, I didn't worry or get stressed about what would happen to my patch. And even better was, my ability to take a small bandicoot attack in my stride and actually smile... That doesn't mean, I have begun to love my little green patch less. It was more because I have eventually stopped worrying and decided to just accept things for my patch, as they come...

And when, on Sunday morning (The last day of my stay in Bengaluru) I called Jo and asked her how my patch was doing, she just peeped out of the window and very nonchalantly said, "Don't worry Ma, your garden is doing fine." And without thinking twice, I just took her for her word... Gosh, that feels so liberating !!


And after that super session of cleaning and sowing some seeds (From the magnanimous gift of seeds from my organic gardening- friends, Karan Manral and Yogita Mehra of Goa, who visited my patch yesterday) in seedling trays, my patch gifted me a bright and beautiful harvest...

Today's harvest... hunchikk soppu/sorrel greens/ambat chukka/chukka koora, red amaranthus/kemp haravi soppu, broccoli greens, tomatoes and chillies. And how could I forget to mention. The sweet little pumpkin was gifted by Priya Anand, my dear organic gardener-friend from B'luru. apart from the lovely overnight stay at her beautiful home, with a super barbecue thrown in, I got to bring back this sweet gift. Ah, I fear to think of a life without such friends...































































No comments:

Post a Comment