Thursday 5 March 2015

A peek at what my yard is gifting me...

 The volunteer amaranthus and tomato patch on one side of the kitchen.


A peek at what my yard is gifting me...


The amaranthus after one harvest is growing back with a stronger resolve and larger leaves and quite a few new ones have sprung up too. The tomatoes are growing like wild-fire and most of them are sporting buds and a few flowers. I have quite a few manthakaali/Black nightshade plants growing in between the amaranthus and tomato.

The palak I transplanted around the huge curry leaf stump has taken off and is sporting huge lush green leaves. I've had three rounds of harvests already and it looks like I'll get a few rounds more before it begins to bolt. The credit for the lovely growth of my palak goes to the earth of course and then to one round of "Bokashi juice" that I added. Yes, I was also one of the chosen persons to be gifted the smart "EcoBin" by our OTG magician, Vijay Satish ! More about the EcoBin in another post dedicated solely to it. For I have just begun using the bin and am yet to experience the benefits to a full extent. That apart, there's loads of punarnava soppu too sprawling in and around the palak.

Tomorrow and day-after-tomorrow will see me and my folks painting the meshed LGP and Sunday we will begin work on the beds in the LGP area and the real sowing and planting will finally happen. Yipeee, the new place seems to have inspired my folks too to pitch in and get involved hands on.
Aaah haah ! This sure is bliss...

 On the other side, towards the backyard.























































 Manthakaali... 








































Punarnava, that I use in daal...

No comments:

Post a Comment