Monday 23 March 2015

Grasshoppers !!

"Everything you see exists together in a delicate balance. As king, you need to understand that balance and respect all the creatures, from the crawling ant to the leaping antelope." ...and the flitting grasshoppers too !!
Mufasa to Simba- The lion kings. One of my favourite stories for my story telling sessions.

Well, well, the beautiful quote aside, my garden is now going to be filled with these little green lean and mean hoppers flitting all over, gnawing away at my precious vegetable leaves...!!

Hmmm... on second thoughts, the respect is there and has to be there ! The spirit of "live and let live" is strong enough to let these elegant green hoppers have a ball and enjoy their short life while it lasts. For in comparison, don’t I have a long life and enough of days to grow back food for myself... And every time they chance to flit across into my LGP (Which I doubt they will. As the volunteer patch where they are now, is lush and thick enough to last them for four lifetimes of food !), I can, pick them and deposit them back to the volunteer patch.























No comments:

Post a Comment