Thursday 26 March 2015

Fun with my volunteer Amaranthus patch !

Oh wow ! I am having so much fun with my volunteer Amaranthus patch!
Eight harvests and the plants just don't seem to want to give up. The more I trim the tops and leaves, the more they grow lateral shoots... and right now, most of the older plants are huge bushes in their own. And believe me, even the largest and most mature leaves are so tender, succulent and tasty ! Loads of new ones are catching up and forming new patches of their own. And hopefully, a few red one's should pop up sometime soon. For I recently scattered a handful of red amaranthus seeds all around this patch.


Here's to my brilliant volunteer amaranthus patch and here's to nature's amazing spirit of magnanimity !













No comments:

Post a Comment