Saturday 21 March 2015

Highlights of what's going on in my new LGP


March 15

And here are a few highlights of what's going on around my compound and in my new LGP.

The recent showers did not just bring down temperatures and make us heave a sigh of relief... they have done a world of good to my plants. The trees around the compound, the volunteer amaranthus and tomatoes and all the herbs and vegetables in my new LGP are looking happier and more cheerful than ever !

And I am feeling more blessed than ever...!

 One portion of the volunteer tomato patch, growing lush...









 Another portion of the volunteer tomato patch towards the backyard...








 Plump little green tomatoes are filling up all over...







 Plump little green tomatoes are filling up all over...







 And there are pretty flowers galore...











 The amaranthus bushes !!







 Whilst a few are maturing, there are loads of new ones coming up...







 Guavas !! And these are red on the inside... smile emoticon







 The tree is laden with these beautiful white flowers...







 The chikoos tree is still sporting fruit... and new sets of flowers too...







 Methi, back again in two litre soft drink bottles... smile emoticon







 Sabbasgi soppu/Dill







 And my evergreen Ajwain...







 One of my now two strawberry plants is still fruiting...

I had bought two more little saplings after shifting and they were growing very well and had begun to fruit. Unfortunately, one plant got stolen...








 
The cabbage that is growing from the old stump...







 Fragrant mint is thriving and looking beautiful...







 Celery grown from seeds doing well. I have about four of them in 6" pots... Waiting to transplant a couple of them to the ground...







 Parsley... still going strong !







 Sage seems to love my garden... 







 Sage seems to love my garden...







 Kale grown from seeds.

Managed to get just about 6 kale seeds from a nursery. Three germinated and two survived. One green and the other, a purple tinged one...








 The purple tinged kale...







 Broccoli that wasn't doing so well in the old LGP, took off after shifting here... and all four of them are sporting heads...







 Broccoli that wasn't doing so well in the old LGP, took off after shifting here... and all four of them are sporting heads...







 More capsicum, sporting little buds all over...

All my capsicums are in 6" pots. Wanted to grow them in the ground, but the seedlings were getting too big for the trays and the beds weren't ready yet... So all of them went into pots that I had lying around








 The capsicums have begun to show their elegant selves...







Chillies... A couple of the plants have started bearing fruit and all the others are beginning to sport buds...







 One of my favourite garden weeds- The dainty Pilea microphylla, that adds so much grace and charm to my pots... 







 My year old Togari bele/Tur plant in a 10" pot that's growing along with a Jasmine bive, doesn't seem to want to stop giving me pods...







 All spice that grew from a cutting is now waiting to go into a large pot...







 Most all of the Brinjal are flowering...







 The last of the turmeric...

Once the beds are ready, I will plant turmeric, ginger and mango ginger that I collected from last times harvest...








 Slowly adding to the vertical set up...
Waiting to finish the paint job and then add more...









 The passion fruit vine is simply loving it's new home and is going to get transplanted into a much larger pot...







 Doddapatre/Cuban oregano, still growing in their take-away container homes, but sporting much larger and lusher leaves now...







 A couple more of iceberg lettuce that are still giving me crisp leaves even after four months. All the others bolted quite some time back...







 And finally, I have peas growing in my garden !!!

Wondering if it's too late for peas... But nevertheless, I have them growing in 6" pots, troughs and tubs... Want to see what they offer me.








 And have added more marigolds to my LGP as part of my pest control plan...























And aaah, the limes...!
But, unfortunately after this small harvest, a lady sneaked into our compound a couple of days back and stole about a dozen or more almost yellow limes. The neighbour lady saw her and shouted... But, she sped out of the gate before she could stall her.

Don't ask me why I am not locking the gate ? I have a reason for that and very soon I'll ensure all the gates are locked when I step out...





No comments:

Post a Comment