Sunday 22 March 2015

Digging with Disco on Yugaadi...

March 21

An awesome Yugaadi day spent digging with Disco...

Dug up one bed, cleared it of stones, crumbled the lumps of soil, added the vermi compost (That I'd gotten last week from Suman Sangam- Dr. Sanjeev Kulkarni's forest farm), and prepared one bed. Later in the evening and night, after dinner, I transplanted yard long beans, peas, bhendi and capsicum saplings.

Wow folks, That was an awesome feeling of achievement !

Now, I just hope they settle down well and take off. Fingers crossed please...

And well, I even had my first creepy crawly visitor ! This morning when I opened the window to check on my newly transplanted saplings, I saw this green fella (A green keelback) lying right in the middle of my new bed, in the process of swallowing a frog almost five times larger than it's head ! I have learnt to handle to snakes at Baala Balaga (The eco-friendly school I train at), but am not brave enough yet to catch one... I called up Sharath, one of my old students from Baala Balaga, and he was there with Vinay and Navneet his friends in fifteen minutes. Thankfully, since the snake was trying to swallow the frog, it was in the bed itself. But the moment we stepped in and came close, it spat out the frog and began to slowly crawl away. Sharath, caught him gently by the tail and slid him into a soft drink bottle and later left him in the woods near Baala Balaga. 

Psssst... don't miss the A P J Abdul Kal am hairstyle !! It's even thinned out to APJ perfection..!











































































Sharath, gently catching the snake by the tail...















Sharath, Navneet and Vinay... Thanks guys !!







1 comment: