Thursday 9 April 2015

Shoe flowers in my workroom...

“I adore simple pleasures. They are the last refuge of the complex.”
Oscar Wilde

I am revelling in the simple pleasure of setting up my workroom. The small room has two large windows with nice broad sills. And I have fun arranging stuff on these sills. Whilst one sills mostly have a permanent setting, I keep changing the plants and flowers that I float in the earthen bowls...

This morning the sill housed a simple yet striking composition of my winter grass in a terracotta pot, classic red shoe flowers (that my garden gifts me so magnanimously) floating in the bowls and a few elegant mahogany seed pods... As the flowers got highlighted in the morning sun, books and magazines and pots and mugs took a backseat and I had to pull out my camera...
































































No comments:

Post a Comment