Friday 24 April 2015

There always is a silver lining...



Rain, beautiful rain... When it comes, it always comes with two sides... Along with the cool cool rain yesterday evening, came a new problem. Looks like it's testing time for us gardeners...

It rained heavily for a while. As the rain lashed against the plants, it also flooded my patch. I lost loads of my newly growing palak, coriander, lettuce, beet and moolangi seedlings. The rain also brought down quite a few of my young capsicum and bean plants and toppled down many stakes that I'd newly erected.

The land in my patch is very uneven and water collects in many places. I tried making a few moats here and there and that helped some of the water drain towards a bush. Some relief there.

But the reassuring fact is that a lot of my older and more mature plants in the pots and the ground are intact ! And my A&T patch is not harmed at all ! That's a fair balance I suppose... There's always a silver lining


And this morning, though I had to harvest my methi as young greens with a heavy heart (I lost fives times the amount of methi harvested !), what brought a smile to my face and cheered me up is... the fact that there were no traces of the bandicoots visit. And apart from the methi, I harvested a few of my ever-faithful tomatoes and a couple of limes. The tomatoes featured in these pictures are from yesterday's and today's harvests.

At times, I really wonder what I am being blessed for. For my A&T patch is being so generous to me, that I just can't thank it enough... I keep arranging and rearranging my harvests, especially my A&T harvests and taking pictures, hoping that is a fitting enough tribute to their magnanimity... Right now I am not just feeling blessed but am revelling in the ethereally beautiful magic my garden is cloaking me with... Folks, time to feel like the most beautiful person in the world..!

















































No comments:

Post a Comment