Sunday 26 April 2015

The first of the bhendis/okra/ladies finger in my ground garden !!


Yipeeeee !! The first of the bhendis/okra/ladies finger in my ground garden !!

And what a wonderful sight they make...!! More so, because they survived a lashing from some rogue rains as little seedlings in trays, then survived being uprooted by bandicoots and re planted twice and then another lashing by some heavy rains as semi adults last week... These two plants are part of a small bunch that survived from a huge group of about 22 seedlings that I had planted. I was hoping, with so many plants, I could get a decent enough number of bhendis from one harvest. But, it was not to be so... Anyways, I am more than happy with what I am going to get from these few plants that have survived all odds and are growing well. At least as of now... And I have just sown some more seeds directly in the places where I lost the other bhendi plants...

Pardon me for repeating ad nauseam, but I just can't help it... my LGP in it's new avatar is teaching me so many lessons, apart from the most important one of patience and not losing hope... I'm sure all of you fellow-gardeners would agree with me on this... And then, the most I can do is, submit myself and be a willing student to the best teacher of all times- nature




















1 comment:

  1. Can you please tell me why we get okra before the flower ? my plants are still small and i see small buds already

    ReplyDelete