Wednesday 22 April 2015

Tomato harvest with Bhuvan !

This morning Bhuvan was in my garden by 6.30 as always !

We had planned to clean up the amaranthus and tomato volunteer patch and that's what we did. We had spotted a few ripe tomatoes last evening and decided to harvest them this morning. Got a basketful of lovely red tomatoes of all sizes. We were very happy and danced an excited gig ! Later whilst clearing up the patch of old amaranthus and weeds, we found many more ripe one and quite a few green tomatoes too, that had already fallen off from the plants.

And folks, guess what we discovered. Not a single plant disturbed and not a single pot messed up in my LGP... And here, in my A&T patch, we found a couple of tomatoes that were slightly gnawed and a mound of freshly turned earth. That's when I connected the two... Ah man ! The bandicoots have finally discovered.

I don't know whether I am happy or sad... But in a way it's a relief. I don't mind losing a couple of tomatoes here and there, because there are plenty of tomatoes. My LGP is safe till the bandits are distracted with the tomatoes. After than, I'm not sure what will happen. And well, I really don't want to worry about that. I have learned to live in the moment. And right now I'm happy with the situation...

 
 Bhuvan searching for red tomatoes...








 Cutting amaranthus seed head to save seeds...








The first batch of tomatoes we harvested...








 The final collection !

















No comments:

Post a Comment