Thursday 28 May 2015

Beating the monkeys to their game !!

This is how we beat the monkeys at their game with Alasandis...!!!

Rohan and Bhuvan anyways keep getting up onto the mesh roof almost everyday. And I join them once in a while. Despite our clambering up and gently directing back the stray branches of the Alasandi ballis and other gourds, a lot of them have crept outside and are basking gloriously in the sun.

After day-before-yesterdays bumper Alasandi harvest, this morning we decided to harvest the ones that were left on top, before the monkeys got to them. I've allowed the monkeys to eat enough already. So, wanting to have all of them beans, at least for once didn't seem selfish. And there I was, feeling literally on top of the world, with Rohan, Bhuvan and Disco cheering me on... And for all of moushi's antics, we got about twenty two Alasandis.

 Tried at first to get down on to the mesh roof from the terrace parapet, like Rohan and Bhuvan do... But abandoned the idea, as fast as I got it...








 Finally, did it my way... from the compound wall !








 Rohan's Chappal-woman !!!  Getting rid of the chappals...








 Rohan and Disco getting a ring side view... Wonder what Disco thinks of his Ma...








 And while I was at it, I got some gourd branches back inside my green patch...



































 What a feeling...!!! Both, with the extra Alasandi harvest and the joy of being up there.



No comments:

Post a Comment