Thursday 21 May 2015

The first harvest of my Alasandi/Yard long beans !!

“Let your imagination take you to where you wish to be.”And I'd tweak that a bit to say, "Let your imagination create for you what you dream of."

Since the time I sowed these few Alasandi/Yard long bean seeds, I've been dreaming of Alasandi ballis/creepers winding and clambering their way all over the stakes and beautifully trailing all over my green patch in wild abandon... I dreamt of slender elegant pale green Alasandis dangling all over and brushing against my cheek as I pottered bout my patch...

A patient wait of about a month-and-a-half with close to no special care thrown in, and today, I am living my dream... It is an inexplicably beautiful feeling as I stand a watch my Alasandi ballis that are now a tumbling riot of green... Every morning, when I step into my patch, it is this wonderfully verdant sight that greets me and I am instantly transported into a magical world...

Today's post and harvest is dedicated to Rohan and Bhuvan, my sweet little gardening buddies. I have been unwell and in bed, since the past few days and it is thanks to Rohan's and Bhuvan's love and thoughtfulness that my garden is fresh and smiling and today I am feeling much better. They'd come in the mornings and water the plants and spend time with me keeping me company. Rohan even fed Disco and would leave only after ensuring I was fine enough to be by myself. If Rohan had to go for football practice in the evenings, Bhuvan would come to check on me and the garden. And yesterday night, Rohan puts uo a post on his time line- "Varsha aunty not feeling well- Feeling sad" And then he posts an album of pictures that he'd shot in my patch and adds a caption that says- "Some photos posted in place of Varsha aunty cause she is not feeling well
bla bla bla bla please get well soon. Secret-I don't like writing too much" By-the-way, he always wonders, how I write/type so much !!

Gosh ! I am so touched by their love and thoughtfulness and feeling so blessed to have sweet buddies like them.Rohan and Bhuvan, love you loads and  a wish that your interest in organic gardening keeps growing and you are able to inspire more kids like you...





















































































































 Very very excited and proud of my Alasandi ballis and the beautiful, bountiful harvest it has so magnanimously gifted me...












No comments:

Post a Comment