Monday 7 September 2015

Thanks for the honour...

September 3 for August 30, 2015

To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Phew and double phew !!! I just can't believe I made it to the OFYT and back... It all seems like a sweet dream. The felicitation, meeting my good old OTG friends, getting to know so many new OTGians, bumping into some interesting personalities, meeting up with a few, whom I'd been waiting from long to even catch a glimpse of, catching up with some of my Dharwad friends who made it for me, getting Sam along and seeing him hang around for the whole time I was there, having my Ma-in-law, Sis-in-law and her kids too, to share my joy, and most of all, experiencing the wonderful love, affection, warmth and appreciation that you, my dear friends showered on me so selflessly.
The past few days, saw my mind buzzing with myriad emotions and thoughts about what I'd write in gratitude. But now (This morning), when I have finally reached home and am down to penning my thoughts, words fail me... I am yet to emerge out of the beautifully overwhelming feeling that has enveloped me.
I doubt, “Thank you” is an adequate enough word to convey my gratitude. But I shall inevitably use it... Thanks folks, for accepting me the way I am, dramebaazi and all. Thanks for reading my (Long) posts. Thanks for every word of appreciation you have been forwarding to me. Thanks especially to the trustees of Garden City Farmers (Who organize the OFYT) for considering my efforts worthy of felicitation. Thank you Vishy Sir/ Viswanath Bangalore Narayan, Ananya Mehta, Laxminarayan Srinivasaiah, Anil Nadig, Vinay Magadi, Rajendra Hegde . It is indeed an inexplicable feeling and a huge honour.

All of this surely pushes me to go for more, to take on more challenges, to tread new paths, to reach out to more people, especially children... and most of all to prove to me, that being myself is the greatest accomplishment, that a limitation in any form is merely an opportunity to get innovative... And that it's time to get back to sowing and planting and growing more herbs to ward pest and harvesting and photographing my plants and thanking my little green patch and uploading posts and experiencing the magic and feeling like the most beautiful person in the world...










Thanks a tonne Bharath ! That was such a beautiful gesture. And the Akki rottis and chutney, they were simply yummy. Can't thank you enough... 




















No comments:

Post a Comment