Sunday 27 September 2015

Living lines, happiness and a little harvest of peas...

The song of the curved line is called happiness. And these happy lines take on a life of their own...

And my happiness lies in the crazily snaking line of my green journey and how it flows smoothly and then staggers at times. How it dips deep in despair and sometimes rises high in glory... But through all of this, the graceful line of my green journey does not break. It goes on and on and on...

Presenting this morning's pe(a)rky little harvest of five young pea pods and pretty white coriander flowers. I am excited to have finally harvested more than one pea pod at a time ! Have been trying and trying and trying to grow peas. It's been a patient and slow process, but there sure is some progress. I am going to be at it, however long it takes, till I eventually get a decent enough harvest... Well, that's what gardening is all about, right ?
My peas are growing in 8"/6" plastic pots. I have about two plants in each pot. Out of a total of 20 plants that had begun growing, only about six have survived a bandicoot attack when they were young seedlings. The potting mix is my usual 1:1 proportion of soil and compost, with a handful of neem cake powder to arrest fungal attacks. They  are in a place that gets full sunlight for about two-three hours in the morning and indirect sunlight for the rest of the time. They have grown quite well in pots of this size. But I am sure they would grow better in larger pots and in season. In a short wile I am going to sow more peas and hope they will do better in the winter.

Today's harvest is set against a book of beautiful sketches by my poster Design Teacher (And the HOD for Applied art) during Art School, (at Davangere) the late Shankar Patil. The sketches are living breathing lines that tell brilliant stories. He was a maverick to the core and showed me how I could stretch my imagination and attempt stuff that I'd never imagined I could do. And he did this by inspiring them me with his example... With him, I relearned to be myself and not rein my creative instincts, to express myself the way I feel at the moment...




















































































No comments:

Post a Comment