Monday 7 September 2015

To be.an or not to be.an...?


 Help ! I am in a quandary !!

"Sometimes, all that is required of us is to come to a decision, a decision which would determine our course thereafter, which is sudden, which is made in an instant and not out of introspection. Because the more we happen to brood, the more we burden the mind, with doubt with dilemma, whether to or whether not to..."

And yet I am brooding...

Yipeeeee !! A fter a long wait of THREE (This is the first time I am using all caps !) months, my avarikayi ballis have finally begun flowering and I even found a few beans this morning !

Now you may wonder what's the quandary here , right ? Well, as it has been with all my creepers till now, these two Avarikayis too seem to be blessed magnanimously by nature and have grown into titans ! And yes, you guessed it right... they have grown so lush and healthy that the entire mesh roof has once again (after the cucumbers and yard long beans and snake gourds) covered the entire mesh roof !! Not just the roof, they have even crept over the balcony parapet wall and are spilling their lush green vines onto the terrace now. It's a veritable "Avarikayi Kaadu/Bean jungle" out there !!
And folks, you guessed right once again ! The beds below are bearing the brunt all over again and have become unproductive. Right now, it's just one bed (Out of four) at the far end of the meshed portion, that's getting some sunlight and a few of my cabbage, cauliflower, chillies, coriander, basil, marigold and doddapatre are putting up a valiant effort to add some life to my ground garden. It's been close to two months now that most of my ground garden has been inactive because of one or the other creeper covering up the mesh. The green canopy does look beautiful and adds a cool ambiance to the space under it, but the primary focus of growing vegetables in the ground is getting lost.

Well, I have decided, I am not going to grow any more creepers in this portion. I'll clear up the backyard, make suitable arrangements and attempt growing them there. Now comes the big question. It's the right time to sow/grow new stuff in the three beds, but if I need enough sunlight, I need to clear up the Avarikayi creepers... And, they have just started flowering, that too after a patient, long wait...

Folks, help ! I am in a quandary !! To be.an or not to be.an ??





























































































No comments:

Post a Comment