Sunday 14 December 2014


For some reason, or for many reasons, my regular white Moolangis haven't taken off the way they did last year. Monkey's toppling them down, rogue winds and lashing rain bringing them down, many of them deciding to bolt even in favourable weather... the list goes on. They have been fraught with some problem or the other from day one, but thankfully the reason hasn't been "Pests". A touchwood to that !

But then, I am not losing hope in any way. Just yesterday, I just cleaned up many bottles and a few pots and sowed another batch of moolangi seeds... I have hope... :D

And to keep my Moolangi spirits high, my red round radishes are showing me ample promise. The semi-shade may have made them grow out lanky and the stem may all be swelling in interesting shapes. But, whatever... they will still be beautiful and still be my puttas... my "kempa dunda Moolangis". My little green patch never lets me be disappointed. It balances out things very beautifully.  

I have recently managed to make space for them on the stairs and the little extra sunlight they get is making them get redder and plumper much quicker than they would on the balcony parapet wall, where they were earlier housed. As I continue hoping for my Moolangi patch to liven up, these little red rockers will take centre-stage for a while...

These pictures were taken last week. The radishes have swelled up much more.




















The weirdly interesting shapes they are taking on... :)























And there, I managed to find some space to place them on the edge of the stairs where they can get a little bit more sunshine.












1 comment: