Thursday 11 December 2014

Inspired sketches

“When we love, we always strive to become better than we are. When we strive to become better than we are, everything around us becomes better too.”
Paulo Coelho

And I am so in love with this rediscovered passion...





















Pretty little kasuri methi flowers...












Ajwain greens...






















16 May.
And yipeee ! Today I managed two sketches !!
Moolangi/Radish young-greens, growing in a quaint little tea tin...




























































 Alasandi balli/Cow pea creeper

















17 May, Sunday




























 19 May, Monday

Three days in bed and I wasn't able to keep my pact of making one sketch everyday. But this morning, I was able to pull out my pencils and capture the elegant beauty of one of my favourite weeds... Stachytarpheta cayennensis (Verbena family), commonly called blue snakeweed, blue rat's tail, Brazilian tea, cayenne snakeweed, false verbena. I do hope I have done some justice to the slender and charming flower spikes of this lovely weed.

I let this weed grow in my garden for two reasons...
1) It adds an elegantly beautiful charm to my garden. And I simply trip on how gracefully this entire plant carries itself.
2) It attracts both bees and butterflies and thereby aids in pollination in my green patch. 




































I believe a leaf of grass is no less than the journey-work of the stars.
Walt Whitman
If a leaf of grass could be the journey-work of stars, what would this wispy, tumbling-all-over, fragrant, oregano be...?
Hmmm... my pretty pretty oregano lured me so, I finally gave in to the temptation and here I am, trying to capture the handy-work of lovely little fairies with wispy wings...










 Alasandi hoovu/Yard long bean flowers








 And then, my Alasandi kaayi/Yard long beans just had to be sketched...










Don't ask yourself what the world needs; ask yourself what makes you come alive. And then go and do that. Because what the world needs is people who have come alive.
Howard Thurman
And it was a marvellous experience to pull out my sketch pad and pen after long and sketch my delicate and charming Kotambri. I was a bit down yesterday and by evening I was pretty frustrated. Something urged me to step out into my patch and capture my coriander. And instead of grabbing my camera, I took my sketch pad, pencil and pen. The quick sketch did wonders, and I was back on my feet. I was alive...








































































Nanna nechhina Brahmi !!
Nanna Brahmi chand aiti, houdillri ?
Adu nanag ruchi ruchi taambuli kadudallda,
Kanniga mastha paiki hasar habba noo kodtaiti.
Nanna Brahmi noadaak nanna yerad kann saaludilla,
Adar bagge helaak nanna kade iru shabda saaludilla...
Adakka, ninne sanjhik pen tagonda sketch maade bitte !
Abbha ! Ada yeshta khushi aat ri.pa !
Aa khushina nimma kuda hanchkolllikkatteni.
Nimagu nanna Brahmi seridra, nanag sikkapatte khushi akket.ri ...









































8 comments: